Friday, December 9, 2011

Cozy Mantel

Our living room has alway been out of whack...yes whack.  It was not what I visualized.  When we first bought the house I looked on apartment therapy a lot where it showcases small homes and apartments.  They had a mantel stuffed full of old books.  I fell in love...Finally we acted on it this week.  I found an antique mantel for $170, distressed it and Todd did some trimming on it and installed it in the corner.  We rearranged our furniture and it is now a cozy living room.  This is one of our biggest changes in the home.  I got the books from local thrift stores and from a lady that was getting rid of all of her books because she bought a kindle fire...SCORE.  Got the books for .30 cents a piece.  Here are some pictures.  Projects = LOVE.





No comments:

Post a Comment