Monday, January 10, 2011

Master Bedroom...

When we first started on our bedroom it was yellow walls with orange shag carpet, quite sexy.  We first started by taking all the trim off around the base and windows, next paint!  What color...what color.  Well we went with Martha Stewart, color dolphin.  Now before you bash Martha, first try her paint.  Pretty much exactly like Behr perfect in two coats.  This color looks grey, it looks blue, it is so creamy and beautiful.  Next we sanded the floors, wiped em' down and polyed them.  Cannot beat pulling up shag carpet and having hardwood floors throughout the house.  Todd put a closet organizer in my closet...I think I heard angels sing when I hung my first Juicy shirt.  Next I painted all the doorways white...man that took some coats.  Now I bet you all are staring at my beautiful chandelier!!!  Yes that was from Pottery Barn...it was a steal $99.  Todd trimmed out the whole room and we got a flat screen TV with a DVD player in it, he hung that baby on the wall!  We will be installing an outlet behind the TV so there will not be any cords running down the walls.  Like our bed!  Oh yes you do...it was from Pier 1, it is a canopy bed!  I will post pics when we get shears to go on the bed, it will be like living in a B&B everyday.  You have to make your bedroom cozy and of course sexy...because as well all know that IS where the magic happens, well one place ;)  Now I will leave you with a pic of O'Malley...he is in love with my closet so much he sleeps in it...in a cardboard box.  You buy a dog a $200 embroidered kuranda bed and he chooses a box.  Yes, I did just say embroidered dog bed...you know dogs can read!  I am the crazy dog lady...










No comments:

Post a Comment